Listen: Morgan Wallen and Post Malone Release Eagerly Anticipated 'I Had Some Help'

The moment country music fans have been waiting for is finally here

Published Time: 10.05.2024 - 07:31:09 Modified Time: 10.05.2024 - 07:31:09

The moment country music fans have been waiting for is finally here.

On Friday, May 10, Morgan Wallen and Post Malone dropped their collaborative single "I Had Some Help" after weeks of teasing it on social media. An accompanying music video will be released at 10 a.m. ET.

Malone, 28, first teased the song with a 17-second clip on TikTok in April and had fans begging for the duo to release the single. Then, during Wallen's headlining set at Stagecoach, he brought Malone out to perform the song live for the first time.

The country-pop-infused track smoothly blends Wallen, 30, and Malone's vocals as they sing about a breakup.

“I had some help/It ain’t like I can make this kind of mess all by myself/Don’t act like you ain’t help me pull that bottle off the shelf," they sing in the chorus.

After their Stagecoach performance, Wallen and Malone announced on social media that they would finally be releasing the song.

Prior to "I Had Some Help," Malone took the stage with HARDY and Wallen at the 2023 CMA Awards to honor the late Joe Diffie with renditions of “John Deere Green” and “Pickup Man.”

He also had his own set at Stagecoach where he performed a series of country covers and brought out country stars like Brad Paisley, Sara Evans and Dwight Yoakam. He's also set to perform at the ACM Awards on May 16.

Per Billboard, the "Chemical" singer confirmed he was making a country record during a Twitch livestream.

"Country record is coming. I keep singing a song that we made while I was in Nashville. It’s so f---ing sick, but it’s not out,” he -

said, according to the outlet.

Meanwhile, Wallen is currently on his One Night at a Time World Tour which he'll tour through August.

Prior to starting this leg on the tour, Wallen was arrested on felony charges in Nashville for allegedly throwing a chair off a six story Nashville bar.

On Friday, April 19, he addressed the arrest with a statement on X.

"I didn't feel right publicly checking in until I made amends with some folks. I’ve touched base with Nashville law enforcement, my family, and the good people at Chief’s. I'm not proud of my behavior, and I accept responsibility," he wrote. "I have the utmost respect for the officers working every day to keep us all safe. Regarding my tour, there will be no change."

A hearing was held on Friday, May 3, and hislawyer Worrick Robinson appeared for him in court.

After discussion among the judge and attorneys, the case will now continue in August. Speaking to reporters after the hearing, Robinson said it "was a very typical day in a criminal case in general sessions court in Davidson County."

"This is obviously a very complicated case and it's not going to resolve itself without subpoenas and witnesses," the attorney told reporters. "We'll work on the case on our end and then Morgan will be here on August 15th. Several things can happen — we might have a hearing, we might settle the case or the case might be continued. Those are the options."

Robinson continued, "We're not required to enter a plea of any type."

Follow Us