Penn Badgley and Brittany Snow Haven't Gotten a 'Call' for a John Tucker Must Die Sequel amid Reports

Penn Badgley and Brittany Snow are speaking out about a second John Tucker Must Die movie

Published Time: 04.07.2024 - 18:31:13 Modified Time: 04.07.2024 - 18:31:13

Penn Badgley and Brittany Snow are speaking out about a second John Tucker Must Die movie.

Speaking on Badgley’s podcast Podcrushed in an episode released on July 3, the actors — who costarred alongside one another in the 2006 teen comedy — revealed that they haven't been contacted about a sequel despite reports that its in the works.

“Penn, I don’t know if you’ve had a call, but I’ve gotten no call,” Snow, 38, said after the subject of whether the reports were true was brought up.

The You star, 37, then replied, “Yeah, I’ve had no call, no.”

“I mean, it’s maybe possible like the superposition quantum physics, like everything is potentially within the realm of, like, maybe this apple will fall up, I can’t actually say with certainty,” he added.

Never miss a story — sign up for PEOPLE's free daily newsletter to stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer, from juicy celebrity news to compelling human interest stories.

“Yeah. I don't, I don't know,” the Gossip Girl alum continued. “I've got the smallest role in the movie. I don't know that I would belong in it anyway.”

John Tucker Must Die saw Badgley play the role of Scott Tucker, John Tucker's (Jesse Metcalfe) brother, while Snow portrayed protagonist K -

ate Spencer.

The PEOPLE Puzzler crossword is here! How quickly can you solve it? Play now!

 “I'm not doing it if you're not doing it,” Snow told her costar as Badgley fell into laughter.

He added, “Never have I even thought of that as a potential thing. But I guess if there was a script, I would read.”

Snow then went on to say that she and actress Arielle Kebbel — who played Carrie in the movie — had been talking about a sequel “for years because she was trying to get it off the ground.” 

“But I didn't know what happened, and it kind of just, I was like, ‘go forth’. Mhmm. You know? ‘Go forth with that,' ” she added. “So that was the last I had heard of it was that she was trying to make it happen, and so I guess she did.”

PEOPLE reported back in March that 18 years after the movie’s release, a sequel was in the works. This came after the film’s lead Metcalfe, 45, revealed at Epic Cons Chicago that he would “definitely love to be a part of” a second movie.

"I've heard rumors of this script — there's a script," he said. "Apparently it's amazing," he continued, adding that he couldn't "wait to read it."

Related Articles

Follow Us