Report: Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs Target of Ongoing Federal Criminal Investigation

Sean "Diddy" Combs is reportedly the target of a federal criminal investigation that is looking into his sex trafficking allegations

Published Time: 06.07.2024 - 00:31:08 Modified Time: 06.07.2024 - 00:31:08

Sean "Diddy" Combs is reportedly the target of a federal criminal investigation that is looking into his sex trafficking allegations.

According to NBC News, the music mogul’s legal team was notified by federal authorities in the Southern District of New York last week that he’s the focus of an ongoing investigation, per two sources familiar with Combs' recent legal troubles.

The same insiders claim that a federal grand jury is currently hearing evidence as part of the investigation, but there’s not yet any confirmation that formal charges will be brought.

Representatives for Combs did not immediately respond to PEOPLE’s request for comment.

News of an alleged investigation into Combs, 54, comes on the heels of another sex trafficking and assault lawsuit that was filed against him on Wednesday, July 3. According to court documents obtained by PEOPLE, former adult film star Adria English alleged that the producer sexually assaulted and sex trafficked her for years during “white parties” he hired her to work at his Hamptons, New York and Miami residences.

Jonathan Davis, a lawyer for Combs, responded to the new accusations in a statement to PEOPLE that read, “No matter how many lawsuits are filed it won’t change the fact that Mr. Combs has never sexually assaulted or sex trafficked anyone.”  

“We live in a world where anyone can file a lawsuit for any reason and without any proof,” the attorney continued. “Fortunately, a fair and impartial judicial process exists to find the truth and Mr. Combs is confident he will prevail against these and other baseless claims in court.”

At least six other people have sued Combs since his ex-girlfriend, singer Cassie (real name Casandra Ventura), filed a bombshell laws -

uit against him in November, alleging rap, sex trafficking and domestic violence. All plaintiffs have claimed that the rapper has either sexually assaulted or harassed them at some point.

In December, Combs denied all allegations against him in a statement obtained by PEOPLE. "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH,” he said. “For the last couple of weeks, I have sat silently and watched people try to assassinate my character, destroy my reputation and my legacy."

Six months later, a surveillance video from 2016 surfaced showing Combs physically assaulting ex-girlfriend Cassie Ventura at a Century City hotel, matching allegations detailed in her now-settled lawsuit. The musician addressed the footage in a since-deleted Instagram video where he admitted to being “disgusted” by his actions.

“It’s so difficult to reflect on the darkest times in your life, but sometimes you got to do that,” he said. “I was f---ed up. I mean, I hit rock bottom. But I make no excuses. My behavior on that video is inexcusable.”

Combs added that he took "full responsibility for my actions in that video” and concluded by saying he was "not asking for forgiveness" and was "truly sorry."

Since then, the "I'll Be Missing You" performer has been stripped of several titles to his name, including his key to New York City and his honorary degree from Howard University — both of which he’s returned, as well as his majority stakeholder role at Revolt, the media company he founded, after selling all of his stakes.

According to TMZ, Combs has also reportedly listed his Los Angeles mansion — the same one federal agents searched in March — for $70 million.

Related Articles

Follow Us